I am a warm and experienced Clinical Psychologist and Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and Coach working in private practice (and previously the NHS) with adults and young people with psychological difficulties including depression, anxiety disorders (panic attacks, worry/GAD, social anxiety, OCD, phobias, health anxiety), low self esteem and a wide range of other difficulties from work stress, redundancy, body image problems to sleep and alcohol problems.
As a trained Clinical Psychologist, whilst I specialise in using CBT in my work because it is so effective, I am also able to draw on other psychotherapeutic models where appropriate and helpful to the client. These include Meta-Cognitive Therapy, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy, Compassionate Mind Therapy and systemic and narrative therapy. My training also means I have extensive scientific knowledge of other factors which may impact on people’s development and their current functioning, such as developmental psychology, cognitive difficulties and diagnoses and attachment theory.
Treatment is planned according to your goals and a ‘map’ of your current difficulties, from which we agree according to your priorities how to understand your difficulties and make the changes you wish to make in your life. At assessment, we will discuss what you wish to work on and make a plan according to the things which are most important to you.
I also have a busy coaching practice, helping individuals and organisations to work on their personal and professional goals and achieve the changes they wish to make. Using Cognitive Behavioural Coaching I am able to provide a holistic and evidence-based form of coaching which is practical and solution–focussed (using the ABCDE model and formulating SMART goals) but also incorporates consideration of emotional difficulties where necessary. I work with senior-level executives to people just starting their careers and will help you to formulate and achieve your goals.
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist, British Psychological Society
- Associate Fellow, British Psychological Society
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, BABCP accredited
- Registered Clinical Psychologist, Health Professions Council
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University College London
- PGDip in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Institute of Psychiatry (merit)
- BSC (Hons, 1st Class Honours) in Psychology, Open University
- Member, Division of Clinical Psychology, British Psychological Society
- Member, Special Interest Group for Coaching Psychology, British Psychological Society
- Senior Associate Member, Royal Society of Medicine